Our values are at the core of everything we do!
- INNOVATIVE. Think ahead to stay ahead.
- DRIVER. Stay hungry and act with urgency.
- OWNERSHIP. No excuses. 100% accountability.
- CARING. For employees, partners and community.
- INDIVIDUAL. We work with great people and expect a lot from them
We are one of Western Canada’s largest window and door manufacturers servicing consumers, contractors and retailers. Established in 1988 and headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, its not just Durabuilt’s innovative manufacturing and design that places us on the list of Canada’s Best Managed Companies – it’s also our people.
OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
You provide excellent service and assistance to our clients and internal sales team. You oversee the Service department and exercise a high level of initiative and judgement in handling everyday operational activities and client inquiries. Considerable coordination and time management skills are required.
- Manage and coordinate the work plan for the department. Meet with staff to identify and resolve problems; assign work activities, check reports; monitor workflow; review and evaluate work methods and procedures.
- Handle client complaints and resolve issues that office staff and technicians are not able to handle on their own.
- Plan and execute internal processes according to company’s and department guidelines.
- Work with other departments to get the work completed.
- Be a role model for all team members by continuously exhibiting a high level of service and attention to detail in all tasks.
- Deal with schedule changes, employee call-ins, and other staffing issues.
- Delegate tasks to team members, and keep day-to-day activities organised.
- Work to maintain competitive profitability, ensure quality standards and exceed expectations.
- Ensure company profitability through P&L vigilance.
- Monitor the overall performance of the department and adjust allocation of finances based on progress against goals.
- Monitor GPS systems for service vehicles.
- Ensure service schedule is maintained for all vehicles.
- Ensure jobs are booked ahead of time for the technicians and are booked effectively.
- Ensure parts are staged for next day jobs.
- Ensure parts are received in service warehouse as per ETA in the system.
- Monitor completion of the jobs on a daily basis.
- Perform annual reviews for all direct reports and develop growth plans to ensure a high- performance culture.
- Oversee and participate in the manpower planning, recruitment, selection, onboarding and training of employees.
- Empower employees to identify innovative approaches to enhance organizational performance.
- Develop and standardize procedures and methods to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of operations services, projects and activities. Assess and monitor workload, administrative and support systems. Identify opportunities for improvement.
- Manage organizational / operational changes and their impacts within the team.
- Ensure all direct reports know what is expected of them, and work with each one to ensure expectations are met.
- Actively coach your employees to assist in their professional and personal growth to maximize their opportunities for advancement.
- Lead and foster a health and safety culture in all activities and mentor staff on these areas.
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATION
- Diploma in Business Administration, Operations, Construction Management.
- Project management certification (PMP) is an asset.
EXPERIENCE / CAPABILITIES
- 3+ years in a leadership role.
- 3+ years in a construction industry.
- 5+ years experience in customer service.
- Previous experience with Manufacturing or Construction industry.
- Ability to present and gather information and respond to questions from customers, managers and co-workers.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and have exceptional follow up skills both internally and externally.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Be resourceful to develop creative solutions to problems.
- Proficiency in computer software applications – MS Office, databases
Send Us Your Resume
We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity, sexual orientation or faith. Thank you to all those apply and those who are short-listed will be contacted.