Our values are at the core of everything we do!
- Innovative. Think ahead to stay ahead.
- Driver. Stay hungry and act with urgency.
- Ownership. No excuses. 100% accountability.
- Caring. or employees, partners and community.
- Individual. We work with great people and expect a lot from them
We are one of Western Canada’s largest window and door manufacturers servicing consumers, contractors and retailers. Established in 1988 and headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, it’s not just Durabuilt’s innovative manufacturing and design that places us on the list of Canada’s Best Managed Companies – it’s also our people.
You provide excellent service and job estimates to our clients and internal sales team. You oversee the Order Desk department and exercise a high level of initiative and judgement in handling everyday operational activities and client inquiries. Considerable coordination and time management skills are required.
SOME OF THE COOL STUFF YOU DO
Estimation / Operations
- Manage and coordinate the work plan for the department. Meet with staff to identify and resolve problems; assign work activities, projects and programs; monitor workflow; review and evaluate work methods and procedures.
- Handle client complaints and resolve issues that employees are not able to handle on their own.
- Plan, execute and finalize department projects / jobs according to company’s and clients’ procedures, timelines and budgets.
- Work with Durabuilt team to oversee the planning, finalization and execution of estimation for projects according to company and client specifications, timelines and budgets.
- Ensure company profitability through P&L vigilance.
- Act as a role model for all employees by continuously exhibiting a high level of service and attention to detail in all tasks.
- Deal with schedule changes, employee call-ins, and other staffing issues.
- Delegate tasks to employees.
- Keep day-to-day activities organized.
- Manage projects as assigned and organising teams to assist in these efforts.
- Create estimations that fit scope of job, ensuring that we have the right fit for the project.
- Work to maintain competitive profitability, ensure quality standards and exceed expectations.
- Monitor the overall performance of the department and adjust allocation of finances based on progress against goals.
- Attend industry related trade shows, networking events and seminars.
- Perform annual reviews for all direct reports and develop growth plans to ensure a high- performance culture.
- Oversee and participate in the manpower planning, recruitment, selection, onboarding and training of employees.
- Empower employees to identify innovative approaches to enhance organizational performance.
- Develop and standardize procedures and methods to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of operations services, projects and activities. Assess and monitor workload, administrative and support systems. Identify opportunities for improvement.
- Manage organizational / operational changes and their impacts within the team.
- Ensure all direct reports know what is expected of them, and work with each one to ensure expectations are met.
- Actively coach your employees to assist in their professional and personal growth to maximize their opportunities for advancement.
- Diploma in Business Administration, Operations, Construction Management.
- Equivalent experience will be considered.
- CET would be considered an asset.
EXPERIENCE / CAPABILITIES
- 3+ years in a leadership role.
- 2+ years experience in estimation.
- Previous experience with Manufacturing or Construction industry.
- Ability to present information, gather information and respond to questions from customers, managers and co-workers.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, specifications, schedules and costing reports.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and have exceptional follow up skills both internally and externally.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Be resourceful to develop creative solutions to problems.
- Proficiency in computer software applications – MS Office, databases
SEND US YOUR RESUME
We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity, sexual orientation or faith. Thank you to all those apply and those who are short-listed will be contacted.