Scheduling Assistant Manager
Durabuilt Windows and Doors is one of Western Canada’s largest privately held window and door manufacturers servicing consumers, contractors and retailers. Established in 1988 and Corporate Head Office in Edmonton, Alberta, it’s not just Durabuilt’s innovative manufacturing and design that places us on the list of Canada’s Best Managed Companies – it’s also our people.
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced candidate to join the Durabuilt team as our Scheduling Assistant Manager at our Head Office in Edmonton. This individual will be responsible for the daily operations of the department as well as ensuring that all production and lead times are met.
The Assistant Manager in Scheduling will also have a strong working relationship with internal business partners as well as the senior management team to plan and support Durabuilt’s operational objectives and production targets. The Assistant Scheduling Manager is accountable for results and will be expected to meet and/or exceed role expectations. The successful candidate must have a strong leadership presence as well as superior collaboration and relationship abilities.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Plan and determine utilization of manufacturing workforce and equipment to meet organizations production demand
- Monitor and report that manufacturing capabilities meet growth demands as well as all industry and customer requirements for quality, cost, delivery, and safety, as well as suggesting creative solutions to ensure deliverable’s are being met
- Identifying relevant training needs and opportunities for your team to ensure all SOP’s are being followed and daily tasks are being performed accurately and efficiently
- Work with management to establish and manage current and long range forecasting manufacturing objectives, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), strategic plans and policies
- Coordinate manufacturing cross functionally with Sales, R&D, Procurement and other internal and external business partners
- Ensure that manufacturing stays on schedule and within budget by managing and planning team to coordinate daily tasks and work flows are on time to production
- Analyze data to identify trends, anomalies and opportunities for improvement; as well as identifying and utilizing Lean Methods in procedure to reduce waste, reduce costs, and improve cost efficiencies
- Create and maintain the overall Master Production Schedule in the ERP system
- Act as the voice of the customer in the organization
- Prepare and analyze reports and scheduling plans to share with management team
- Direct corrective action for manufacturing situations that may arise; working directly with Quality Manager and R&D in development and implementation of corrective and preventative actions
- Coordinate activity between department supervisors to ensure operational function while planning and establishing work schedules and production sequences to meet production goal
- Manage ‘Just-In-Time’ product planning to meet the demand of the current competitive market
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- 5 plus years’ experience in production planning in a manufacturing environment
- 3 plus years’ experience in Lean Manufacturing practices
- 3 plus years of demonstrated People Management and Leadership experience
- Demonstrated understanding of integrated supply chain and logistics concepts and theories
- Experience using established problem-solving/process improvement methodology, i.e. Lean or Six Sigma
- Experience in the construction industry/ building materials background is considered a definite asset
- Knowledge of the glass/ window industry would be an asset
- Diploma or Degree from a post-secondary institution
- Must have functional computer skills to operate in software applications, with proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Demonstrated experience in planning and experience with ERP software
- Geographical knowledge of the prairie’s is an asset
- Ability to influence and build relationships while also demonstrating excellent communication abilities
- Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt; maintain focus and a high degree of accuracy while working with complex data in an environment of ever-changing deadlines, priorities and requirements
- Excellent collaboration, conflict resolution, and problem solving capabilities
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter explaining their interest in and fit for this role to email@example.com. Only candidates selected for the interview process will be contacted. Candidates will also be subject to a completing a successful background check. We thank all applicants for their interest.
By submitting your resume and personal information to Durabuilt Windows & Doors, and/or participating in a personal interview, you acknowledge and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information by Durabuilt Windows & Doors to determine your suitability for employment opportunities within the Company.