Our values are at the core of everything we do!
- INNOVATIVE. Think ahead to stay ahead.
- DRIVER. Stay hungry and act with urgency.
- OWNERSHIP. No excuses. 100% accountability.
- CARING. For employees, partners and community.
- INDIVIDUAL. We work with great people and expect a lot from them
We are one of Western Canada’s largest window and door manufacturers servicing consumers, contractors and retailers. Established in 1988 and headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, its not just Durabuilt’s innovative manufacturing and design that places us on the list of Canada’s Best Managed Companies – it’s also our people.
SOME OF THE COOL STUFF YOU DO
DRIVING & DELIVERY
- Deliver company product in timely and secure manner.
- Physical off-loading throughout each workday with assistance from a swamper.
- Ensure loads are secure.
- Ensure vehicle is equipped with a full set of chains in good repair and a chain repair kit.
- Utilize Delivery Photo App to have a LIVE proof-of-delivery for every shipment to ensure delivery was made in good order.
- Maintain accurate and up to date logbooks. Daily logbook needs to be up-to-date and records available with the driver for inspection for the past 14 days.
- Ensure signatures are collected from customers on site. If no one is on site, write the date and time of delivery and your initials.
- Ensure all snow is removed prior to departure from the Durabuilt shipping yard.
- Complete trip sheet daily.
- Communicate effectively with customers, dispatch and managers.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- Ensure PPE includes hard hats, safety glasses, steel toed safety shoes and reflective vest worn at all times when they are at any work site for delivery.
- Perform pre & post trip inspections and safety checks. Complete Field Level Risk Assessment (FLRA) before commencing the job, communicated with the swamper and signed.
- All tasks to completed safely and effectively to Durabuilt’s Safety program and department policies.
- Any unsafe conditions should be communicated with the dispatcher and the site in-charge immediately and wait for instruction.
- Communicate any HSE issues or concerns to your immediate Supervisor &/or the HSE Coordinator and provide constructive solutions to problems.
- Valid Class 5 license.
- Clean driver abstract (must be provided with resume and not older than 30 days from application).
- Submit driver abstract every six (6) months.
EXPERIENCE / CAPABILITIES
- 5+ years’ experience driving.
- Knowledge of basic safety rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of operating a motor vehicle.
- Experience with vehicles and maintenance procedures.
- Knowledge of territory in which you will be working.
- Strong customer service including oral and written skills.
- Physical stamina for physical off-loading of product throughout each workday
- Strong work ethic, action oriented and desire to achieve excellence.
- Lifting and/or carrying anywhere from 0llbs to 150llbs.
SEND US YOUR RESUME
This is an opportunity to work with exceptional team!
We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity, sexual orientation or faith. Thank you to all those apply and those who are short-listed will be contacted.