Our values are at the core of everything we do!
- Innovative. Think ahead to stay ahead.
- Driver. Stay hungry and act with urgency.
- Ownership. No excuses. 100% accountability.
- Caring. For employees, partners and community.
- Individual. We work with great people and expect a lot from them.
We are one of Western Canada’s largest window and door manufacturers servicing consumers, contractors and retailers. Established in 1988 and headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, it’s not just Durabuilt’s innovative manufacturing and design that places us on the list of Canada’s Best Managed Companies – it’s also our people.
OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
You are an organized, detail-oriented individual with an ability to read blueprints and a proven track record delivering on time and on budget estimates. You work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to ensure timely completion of project deadlines. Your attention to detail and time management allows you to work on multiple projects while ensuring accuracy. You thrive in an environment that allows you to leverage and develop your skills to help the organization grow and evolve.
Opportunity for advancement towards a sales/account manager role over time and with proven success.
Project Estimation – 50%
- Perform accurate takeoffs from drawings, specifications, and related documents.
- Review and interpret plans, blueprints, contract requirements, and job specifications to gather a full understanding of the scope of the work to be estimated.
- Coordinate with sales team and assist in preparing RFI’s and RFQ’s.
- Review and maintain a record of all addendums, communicating any effects it may have on the estimate.
- Submit for engineering approvals and purchasing cost.
- Accurately prepare and provide proposal presentation to the account representative to present to the client.
- Prepare contract package for executive approval and submission, ensuring all documents are aligned and compliant with the contract.
- Work collaboratively with other departments to optimize efficiency and ensure project estimates are feasible and attainable.
Project Coordination – 50%
- Process orders and communicate order information to relevant personnel.
- Work closely with the scheduling department to ensure successful flow of information.
- Process, document and communicate all change orders as necessary to ensure success.
- Review and prepare shop drawings for submission to Research and Development.
- Review shop drawings at every stage of the internal and client review, noting any revisions, recommendations, and offer suggestions.
- File signed and approved shop drawings in all required data storage locations.
- Prepare documents for and attend project kick off meetings as the resource to all information and answers as it relates to the project product and requirements.
- Collect required information for service requests, qualify and process to the service department.
- Coordinate delivery and install, communicating any updates and changes to the client and relevant departments as they occur.
- Coordinate job site meetings with client and project superintendent as requested.
- Prepare close out package for substantial completion as per the contract requirements.
- Complete projects close out site walk, document deficiencies and process close out service orders.
- Other duties as assigned to ensure the success of the business unit.
- Degree or Diploma in Architectural Technology, Construction Engineering Technology, Project Management, Construction Estimating considered an asset.
EXPERIENCE / CAPABILITIES
- Experience in a Project Estimator or Project Coordinator role.
- Previous experience in Commercial Construction with a focus on Windows and Doors.
- Previous experience with Salesforce Software considered a strong asset.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite with a focus on Excel.
- Strong blueprint reading aptitude.
- Exercise independent judgment, make decisions, solve problems, be innovative, and use discretion in typical and new situations.
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, and streamline work processes to provide quality customer service.
- Solid working knowledge of building code requirements.
- Comfortable working with high volume workload.
- Strong work ethic, action oriented and desire to achieve excellence.
- High comfort level working in a fasted-paced team environment that is constantly changing.
- Ability to multitask and meet multiple deadlines.
- Very high integrity, ethical and trustworthy.
- High comfort level working autonomously and require little day-to-day oversight and direction.
- Solution focused and comfortable working in an environment which demands robust deliverables.
- Ability to evolve and adapt as our business and legal requirements change.
SEND US YOUR RESUME
We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or faith. Thank you to all those apply and those who are short-listed will be contacted.