Our values are at the core of everything we do!
- INNOVATIVE. Think ahead to stay ahead.
- DRIVER. Stay hungry and act with urgency.
- OWNERSHIP. No excuses. 100% accountability.
- CARING. For employees, partners and community.
- INDIVIDUAL. We work with great people and expect a lot from them
We are one of Western Canada’s largest window and door manufacturers servicing consumers, contractors and retailers. Established in 1988 and headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, its not just Durabuilt’s innovative manufacturing and design that places us on the list of Canada’s Best Managed Companies – it’s also our people.
Our HR team is growing!!! You are adventurous, innovative and passionate about leveraging and developing your skills to help Durabuilt evolve. You think like a business owner, understand business priorities, champion change by anticipating needs, and translate these into an HR agenda that supports the business as it grows. You develop relationships through proactive communication, transparency and practical integrated solutions.
You partner with employees and managers to provide recruitment, training and HR generalist support through the coordination of multiple integrated HR activities. Act as a change agent and champion through assessment and anticipation of recruitment, training and HR generalist related needs. Through collaboration and proactive communication, you seek to develop integrated solutions.
Recruitment – 70%
- Assist in all facets of the employee lifecycle from recruitment to on-boarding through to exiting.
- Work with managers to build and maintain a recruitment plan for their departments, anticipate needs, explore recruitment options and actively assist in the recruitment and onboarding process.
- Maintain a continuous pool of applicants to ensure proactive recruitment. Assess talent pools regularly and expand recruitment efforts as required.
- Collaborate with the HR Manager / HR Business Partner in job analysis, job description reviews and compensation classification and analysis.
- Participate and lead employee onboarding activities.
- Draft employment contracts for new hires, promotions and transfers.
- Manage all Career Fair related activities.
- Screen and sort resumes.
- Perform pre-screen interviews as requested.
- Participate in interviews as required.
- Perform reference checks.
- Track and monitor recruitment activities and employee turnover to enable forward planning and proactive strategies to improve employee retention.
HR Operations – 15%
- Partner with HR Manager and HR Business Partner on employee engagement surveys.
- Work with HR Business Partner to identify areas for improvement within departments related to HR operational practices and offer practical solutions.
- Create, amend, and maintain appropriate employee forms, templates and related administration for employment practices.
- Maintain knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Analyze trends and metrics with the HR Team to develop solutions, metrics and programs.
Training – 15%
- Coordinate training.
- Source vendors for training to ensure competitiveness in market and quality of training.
- Maintain data base / LMS for training.
- Maintain training records and expiry dates to ensure compliance.
- Perform inventory and analysis of existing training, requirements and conduct gap analysis.
- Work with the HR Team to identify training needs by analyzing existing information. Gather information via meetings, surveys, interviews with employees, focus groups &/or questionnaires.
- Work with HR Team and Managers to develop presentations related to training.
- Compile training requirement per positions. Work with HR Team and HSE to map out career paths and training needed.
- Consult with the HR Team and managers to determine the best way to implement and deliver training programs, such as instructor led classroom, group discussions, role play, simulations, team exercises, videos and lectures.
- Work collaboratively with the HR Team to develop communication tools (publications, website, emails, materials) to promote training initiatives and increase awareness.
- Evaluate training and follow up with trainees and managers to ensure training is effective and being applied in daily work.
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS
- Degree in Human Resource Management, Business, Leadership or Psychology.
- CPHR or in progress.
- RPR is an asset.
- Clear criminal check.
EXPERIENCE / CAPABILITIES
- 3-5+ years’ experience working as an HR Generalist with a focus on Recruitment.
- Experience with immigration – LMIA, Work Permits, Visa’s, Workshare.
- Experience using an HRMS and ATS software is an asset.
- Previous experience with Manufacturing or Construction industry is an asset.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail.
- Solid working knowledge of legislation with the ability to apply it practically to workplace situations.
- Solution focused and comfortable working in an environment which demands robust deliverables.
- Use logic and reasoning to identify problems and execute appropriate solutions.
- Comfortable with high volume workload with the ability to “roll up your sleeves” and jump in.
- Strong work ethic, action oriented and desire to achieve excellence.
- Ability to multitask and meet multiple deadlines.
- High comfort level working in a fast-paced team environment that is constantly changing.
- Very high integrity, ethical and trustworthy. Handle confidential information with discretion.
- High comfort level working autonomously and require little day-to-day oversight and direction.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in a Microsoft environment – PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, HRMS.
Send Us Your Resume
This is a unique role and an opportunity to work with exceptional leadership throughout the company to help build an HR department and be a people partner in the business as it grows.
We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity, sexual orientation or faith. Thank you to all those apply and those who are short-listed will be contacted.