Human Resources Manager
Durabuilt Windows & Doors is one of Western Canada’s largest window and door manufacturers servicing consumers, contractors and retailers. Established in 1988 and Corporate Office in Edmonton, Alberta, it’s not just Durabuilt’s innovative manufacturing and design that places us on the list of Canada’s Best Managed Companies – it’s also our people.
We are currently seeking a knowledgeable and experienced Human Resources Manager (HRM) reporting to our General Manager and the other Senior Management Team (SMT) members at our Edmonton Corporate Office. The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for the management of functional working HR activities as well as managing the overall Human Resources department. Finally, the HRM will work in collaboration with internal stake holders on culture and employee engagement initiatives.
The HRM is required to manage the development, implementation and maintenance of Human Resource programs and services in the following areas: Human Resources Planning, Recruitment and Selection, Orientation/Onboarding, Performance Management including progressive discipline and termination, Benefits, Employee Relations, and Reward and Recognition and Employee Engagement.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to Senior Management to manage Human Resource initiatives, programs, and activities
- Perform functional Human Resource tasks to support overall business objectives
- Manage the talent acquisition process including sourcing, testing, interviewing, hiring and onboarding
- Ensures all employment practices comply with federal, provincial, and local regulations
- Working with internal business unit leaders and stakeholders to identify and plan for Human Resource requirements that meet short and long-term business goals
- Lead investigations and manage employee relations issues
- Develop and/or support the execution of Human Resource guidelines, policies and procedures that adhere to applicable legislation, regulations, etc.
- Operate as a member of the Human Resources team in developing business strategies and contributing to operational and management decision making in meeting company strategic business objectives
- Implement action plans designed to create a pool of strong leaders in the organization that can be drawn upon for succession planning
- Work with internal business partners to improve current processes with increased efficiencies
- Implement and sustain employee engagement strategies to support the attraction, development, and retention of employee
- 8-10 years of experience leading and managing a Human Resources Department
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Labour Relations or Business
- Experience working within manufacturing or construction industries is considered a definite asset
- CPHR Designation is considered an asset
- Proven experience in collaborating with a Human Resources team within an organization, influencing strategy at leadership level that results in a measured increase in business performance
- Strong understanding of applicable employment, Human Rights and duty to accommodate legislation
- High-level skills in problem-solving and critical thinking and ability to analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, identify and communicate
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with an ability to handle complex and difficult situations diplomatically with confidence
- Able to work to deadlines and adapt to changing conditions
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills with the ability to communicate effectively with multiple audiences
By submitting your resume and personal information to Durabuilt Windows & Doors, and/or participating in a personal interview, you acknowledge and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information by Durabuilt Windows & Doors to determine your suitability for employment opportunities within the Company.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent