Project Estimator & Coordinator – Commercial
Durabuilt Windows and Doors is one of Western Canada’s largest privately held window and door manufacturer. For over 30 years, Durabuilt has been meeting the needs and servicing our consumers, dealers, builders, and commercial clientele. Our manufacturing and Corporate Office is located in Edmonton with retail branches in Calgary, Lethbridge, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, and South Edmonton.
It’s not just Durabuilt’s innovative manufacturing and design that places us on the list of Canada’s Best Managed Companies – it’s also our people!
We are looking for a Project Estimator & Coordinator for our Commercial Division in Edmonton. The ideal candidate will be a positive, detail oriented and driven individual. Working out of our Edmonton Corporate Office, this position is responsible for pre-sales proposal management including take offs, quotation and bid submissions as well as post-sales project coordination and customer experience. Working in tandem with the Commercial Business Unit Account Management team, this position reports to the Commercial Business Unit Leader.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Collaborate with Account Managers to ensure all incoming project details are updated and entered in CRM (Salesforce) for proper tracking and visibility.
- Review architectural drawings and construction specifications for accurate take offs, quotations and project estimates.
- Prepare and review the proposal package with Account Manager for final bid submission.
- Coordinate with external stakeholders (architects, estimators, specifiers etc.) to gather information and seek clarifications as needed for project quoting and estimating.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders (Sales, R&D, Production, Purchasing, shipping etc.) and cross functional team members to ensure proper flow of information, project execution and delivery as per customer expectations.
- Co-own the project with the Account Manager, communicate with key jobsite contacts and log project related activities and progress through CRM (Salesforce.
- Actively engage in learning, adopting and improving workflows, ERP systems and other elements of our manufacturing processes.
- Provide constructive feedback and share ideas on creating efficiencies and reducing project costs.
- Collaborate with team leads and IT to implement new systems, processes and workflows.
- Tag team with the Account Manager to manage customer expectations during all stages of project.
- Communicate with internal and external customers effectively and respect deadlines.
- Participate in customer meet & greets, project meetings, conferences and events as required.
Teamwork & Culture
- Actively participate in training and development activities to expand product knowledge.
- Strive to become a subject matter expert and step up to gain industry knowledge and overall construction ecosystem in geographies where we operate.
- Align with company’s core values and positively contribute towards organizational growth.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Engineering background with project coordination experience.
- E.T or Architectural Technologist designation with estimating/ drafting experience is desirable.
- Hands on ability to learn quoting software, configurators and bid management systems will be an asset.
- Past experience with CRM systems/ Salesforce is a definite plus.
- Excellent time and priority management skills required.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter explaining their interest in and fit for this role. Only candidates selected for the interview process will be contacted. Candidates will also be subject to completing a successful background check. We thank all applicants or their interest.
By submitting your resume and personal information to Durabuilt Windows & Doors, and/or participating in a personal interview, you acknowledge and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information by Durabuilt Windows & Doors to determine your suitability for employment opportunities within the Company.
Job Type: Full-time