Our values are at the core of everything we do!
- Innovative. Think ahead to stay ahead.
- Driver. Stay hungry and act with urgency.
- Ownership. No excuses. 100% accountability.
- Caring. For employees, partners and community.
- Individual. We work with great people and expect a lot from them.
We are one of Western Canada’s largest window and door manufacturers servicing consumers, contractors and retailers. Established in 1988 and headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, it’s not just Durabuilt’s innovative manufacturing and design that places us on the list of Canada’s Best Managed Companies – it’s also our people.
OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
You identify, measure and evaluate quality and workmanship error data. You have excellent knowledge of internal quality specifications, and your detail orientation ensures that only quality products are released for shipment to our customers. Your evaluation of findings drives corrective actions to the manufacturing process.
- Perform routine inspections of incoming materials, components and finished products to ensure adherence to company quality standards.
- Check production lines to ensure standards are adhering to product specifications during manufacturing.
- Determine the cause of a defect.
- Perform various testing on random finished product samples.
- Conduct root cause investigations and respond to Quality Engineering inquiries.
- Guide the employees on any improvements and corrective actions that can be carried out for effective implementation of the system.
- Educate line associates about quality standards, control measures and resolution processes.
- Record and analyze defects, evaluate corrective and preventive actions.
- Conduct audits and ensure procedures and processes needed to sustain quality objectives are established and implemented.
- Maintain company quality documentation, such as quality manuals, quality procedures, etc.
Builds Skills and Knowledge
- Develop and achieve personal goals.
- Ensure a thorough understanding of products, quality standards and issue resolution processes.
- Proactively seek knowledge on all products and services.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- 3+ years of Quality Control experience.
- Ability to accurately use precision measuring equipment and interpret metric/imperial systems.
- Solution focused and comfortable working in an environment which demands robust deliverables.
- Ability to multitask, organize your time and meet multiple deadlines.
- The ability to identify problems and execute appropriate solutions.
- A self-starter, motivated and perform well in high-pressure environments.
- Strong work ethic, action oriented and desire to achieve excellence.
- High comfort level working in a fast-paced team environment that is constantly changing.
- Very high integrity, ethical and trustworthy.
- High comfort level working autonomously and require little day-to-day oversight and direction.
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in computer skills in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio.
SEND US YOUR RESUME
We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity, sexual orientation or faith. Thank you to all those apply and those who are short-listed will be contacted.