Our values are at the core of everything we do!
- Innovative. Think ahead to stay ahead.
- Driver. Stay hungry and act with urgency.
- Ownership. No excuses. 100% accountability.
- Caring. For employees, partners and community.
- Individual. We work with great people and expect a lot from them.
We are one of Western Canada’s largest window and door manufacturers servicing consumers, contractors and retailers. Established in 1988 and headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, it’s not just Durabuilt’s innovative manufacturing and design that places us on the list of Canada’s Best Managed Companies – it’s also our people.
OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
We are seeking a hardworking Shipper who has a desire to work in a fast-paced and physically demanding environment that requires working on your feet for an entire shift. You are physically capable of routinely lifting, pushing, pulling upwards of 150-200lbs using safe material handling practices and techniques. You are available to work regularly scheduled overtime as required. You are customer orientated with a high regard to quality and efficiency.
- Verify quality and condition of shipped goods for outgoing items prior to sign off.
- Prepare, package, store products safety to ensure prevention of damage.
- Ensure accuracy of product shipped.
- Complete all required reports and documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain department, equipment and materials in a clean, efficient and professional manner.
- Perform various tasks processing outgoing materials/supplies.
Customer Satisfaction and Accuracy
- Work with team members to ensure the highest quality and efficiency in the inventory and shipping process.
- Provide feedback to Manager &/or Supervisor regarding every issue identified.
- Comply with safety protocols in the department and throughout the building.
- Follows all injury prevention policies and procedures.
- Treats all associates and customers with the respect policy in mind.
EXPERIENCE / CAPABILITIES
- 2+ years’ experience in shipping or receiving.
- Knowledge of waybills and bills of landing.
- Window and door experience is an asset.
- Basic math and recording abilities.
- Ability to speak, read and write English.
- Requires eye / hand and manual dexterity and reading skills.
- The ability to move around the plant floor and maneuver materials and equipment.
- Skilled with computer applications used in the shipping/receiving process.
- Skilled with methods of weight measurement and verification.
- Ability to multitask, organize your time and meet multiple deadlines.
- Comfortable with high volume workload with the ability to “roll up your sleeves” and jump in.
- Strong work ethic, action oriented and desire to achieve excellence.
Send Us Your Resume
We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity, sexual orientation or faith. Thank you to all those apply and those who are short-listed will be contacted.