Our values are at the core of everything we do!
- Innovative. Think ahead to stay ahead.
- Driver. Stay hungry and act with urgency.
- Ownership. No excuses. 100% accountability.
- Caring. For employees, partners and community.
- Individual. We work with great people and expect a lot from them.
We are one of Western Canada’s largest window and door manufacturers servicing consumers, contractors and retailers. Established in 1988 and headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, it’s not just Durabuilt’s innovative manufacturing and design that places us on the list of Canada’s Best Managed Companies – it’s also our people.
OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
Perform various tasks processing incoming raw materials/supplies. You have excellent knowledge of receiving processes, accuracy, product documentation, material handling and damaged goods assessments.
- Receive all incoming shipments inspecting for damages, confirming product delivered matches paperwork upon receipt.
- Answer questions about shipments and processes.
- Process all required paperwork for incoming shipments.
- Maintain accurate records for reporting and tracking of goods.
- Manage inventory of supplies.
- Track all shipments and verify packing slips to products received before acceptance.
- Sort, place in storage and distribute incoming shipments.
- Deliver material to production lines with hands &/or forklift.
Customer Satisfaction and Accuracy
- Work with team members to ensure the highest quality and efficiency in the inventory and receiving process.
- Provide feedback to Line Manager regarding every issue identified.
- Maintain good relations with vendors and shipping companies.
- Support and teach other Associates when asked to help.
- Ensure accuracy of product received.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness in all waybills and bills of landing.
- Complete all required reports and documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain department, equipment, company materials in a clean, efficient and professional manner
- Comply with safety protocols in the department and throughout the building.
- Follows all injury prevention policies and procedures.
- Treats all associates and customers with the respect policy in mind.
- High school diploma.
- Experience operating forklifts, skid-steer and overhead cranes in an asset.
EXPERIENCE / CAPABILITIES
- 2+ years’ experience receiving.
- Window and door experience is an asset.
- Basic math and recording abilities.
- Knowledge of waybills and bills of landing.
- Ability to speak, read and write English.
- Requires eye / hand and manual dexterity and reading skills.
- The ability to move around the plant floor and maneuver materials and equipment.
- Skilled with computer applications used in the shipping/receiving process.
- Highly skilled with methods of weight measurement and verification.
- Skilled with all equipment used in inventory movement.
- Ability to multitask, organize your time and meet multiple deadlines.
- Comfortable with high volume workload with the ability to “roll up your sleeves” and jump in.
- Strong work ethic, action oriented and desire to achieve excellence.
SEND US YOUR RESUME
We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity, sexual orientation or faith. Thank you to all those apply and those who are short-listed will be contacted.